You guys, how gorgeous is this super textural bun on Cristina? No beauty school needed to put this look together, all it requires is your run-of-the-mill ponytail, some bobby pins and a can of hair spray. I’m loving this do for an event that begs for something just a little more festive than your average blowout, plus it’s perfect for showing off your favorite pair of earrings. Love this bun as much as I do? You can thank Martha Lynn for the fabulous tutorial and Kate LeSueur for the gorgeous photos… keep reading for the step-by-step!
- Pull hair into a mid-level ponytail, leaving out the section of hair from the ear forward. hint: this is the trick that can be applied to almost any fun updo — leave a front section of hair out and you can do something fun with it later.
- Take a small section of hair from the ponytail, and wrap it around the elastic.
- Pin to head in various places along the wrapped section.
- Continue pulling sections of the ponytail and wrapping loosely around the first in opposite directions, this adds more texture than spiraling the whole ponytail at once.
- Wrap final piece and pin to secure.
- Tease the front section of hair.
- Sweep back sections and tuck under bun, wrapping around it if your hair is long.
- Pin sections and spray all over to keep in place.