It’s been a little while since we’ve hosted a giveaway, so we’re bringing them back with what may be our biggest and best one yet. Since moving into our house last year, one of my favorite little luxuries has been our Electrolux Icon Wine Cooler – not only is it incredibly convenient to be able to store up to 48 bottles of wine chilled at just the right temperature…it also just looks so sleek in our kitchen. So in honor of the fact that we’re giving away one of these beauties to one lucky reader, for today’s edition of Bottoms Up, we’re talking summer wines to serve at a party. Keep reading to see a few of my favorite selections and how I like to serve them… and find out how to enter to win your own Electrolux Icon Wine Cooler (valued at $2,199!)
While I happen to love wine (and can’t wait to drink it again after I have this baby in a few weeks!) I am so not a wine snob. In fact, the bottles I buy are usually under $15 and easy-to-drink, refreshing varieties. There are so many great affordable options available now, it makes it easy to keep my wine fridge stocked and party-ready at all times! My only rule when choosing wines is to drink what you like – if you’re a newbie, talk to the guys at your local wine store or Whole Foods, as they’re usually full of great recommendations. Four wines that are always big hits at my summer dinner parties:
- Sauvignon Blanc. Refreshing, light…and my favorites taste like grapefruit.
- Rosé. You really can’t pour anything prettier at a summer shindig.
- Vinho Verde. Love serving this with Mexican or Spanish menus – it’s light, fizzy and festive! (and super affordable, too.)
- Moscato d’Asti. I fell in love with Moscato a couple of summers ago. It’s sweet and feels almost indulgent, and I’ve yet to meet a party guest who didn’t fall head over heels, too.
Now for the part you’ve been waiting for… the Giveaway! We’re making it super simple for you to enter to win your own Electrolux Icon Wine Cooler. All you have to do is:
- Like our page on Facebook, where we’ll announce the winners first.
- Like Electrolux on Facebook.
- Leave a comment below letting us know: what’s your favorite wine to drink in the summertime?
The winner will be announced on Friday, July 27th…Good luck!
*layouts by Jennifer Rose Smith; bottom image photographed by Mike Bullock.