Does anyone else crave citrus in the winter like I do? Jeanine here, and I’ve been on a citrus kick for weeks now… first in salads, then main dishes and now, in perhaps my favorite food group of all, the cocktail. I just love how the blood oranges add natural sweetness, and also a pop of color. We drink with our eyes first, right?
Blood Orange & Bourbon
serves 1, scale accordingly
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice (strain the pulp if you wish)
- 3-5 tablespoons bourbon (depends on how boozy you want it)
- 2-3 drops of Angostura bitters
- splash of sparkling water
- orange slices & sprigs of mint, for garnish
Mix & serve!
Alternatively, omit the sparkling water, shake everything in a cocktail shaker with ice and serve in a rocks glass.
photos & recipe by Love & Lemons