The elusive gallery wall…what is just the right amount of photos to hang? How do you make the design look intentional without being perfect? When it came to decorating our new office space, we went straight to our favorite source for all things paper goods, Minted. All of their art prints are sourced exclusively from their dynamic community of independent artists. The possibilities are endless, as you can make the prints your own with Minted’s customization options (pick your dimension or colorway). We consulted one of our favorite Austin-based interior decorators, Kim West of Well Dressed Space to see if she could share a few tips for creating a gallery wall in your space.
1. Collect pieces that you love! Think photography of a place with fond memories, a framed piece of fabric from a beloved dress or a quote that relates to your life.
2. Mixing different types of media is visually impactful. Blending graphic prints, paintings and photography will work together harmoniously.
3. Sticking to a common theme genre can also make a great statement, like a collection of geometric prints mounted in white frames of varying size.
4. Save your back and headaches during install by following a few simple steps. Start by playing with the layout on the floor, move things around like a puzzle until you find the right fit, then start to measure and hang from one side of the sequence adjusting as you move through each item. You can even use the iHandy level app on your phone to ensure straight edges.
5. Less is more for a gallery wall. Allowing enough breathing room between pieces makes for a more stylish edit.
It was almost impossible for us to narrow down our art print picks from Minted’s beautifully curated and continually refreshed collection, so here are a few more of our favorites that we will consider for our next art wall project.
As an April treat, we are collaborating with Minted for a $300 giveaway! Click here for your chance to win and, perhaps, create a gallery wall in your own space. And while you’re over there, be sure to peruse their huge selection of carefully-curated limited edition art prints… it’s always refreshed, so I’m constantly falling in love with some new piece. It’s time to shop, ladies!