With the holiday hosting season just around the corner, I’m always on the lookout for festive drink ideas that I can pull out at a moment’s notice for the impromptu guests and fun little cocktail parties that fill up the month of December. Brimming with flavors of lemon, ginger and pomegranate, this tea sparkler (made with Pure Leaf Iced Tea) is the ONE this year. I first sampled it when Gail Simmons whipped them up at the Pure Leaf Iced Tea media luncheon that we cohosted in New York a couple weeks ago. I couldn’t believe how refreshing (and beautiful) it was. At the event, Chanel and I demo’d how to incorporate real fruits and vegetables into seasonal fall centerpieces, and it was a perfect tie-in to everything that Pure Leaf stands for: using real ingredients to create the very best flavor. I begged for the recipe to this delicious fizzy cocktail so that I (and you) can mix it up for this year’s soirées..Simmering the tea with ginger gives the drink its spiciness and the pomegranate juice lends a great tartness to every sip. Top off the tea with a splash of club soda, a sprinkle of fresh pomegranate seeds and a cinnamon stick, and you have one party-ready cocktail. I also love that this drink can easily be turned “grown-up” with a little gin or bourbon, too. Cheers!
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Pure Leaf Lemon Iced Tea
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- Cold club soda
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 2 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine the ginger and Pure Leaf Lemon Iced Tea and bring to a simmer. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to steep, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Fill two highball glasses with ice. Pour 1/2 cup ginger-infused tea, then 1/4 cup pomegranate juice into each glass. Top each with club soda, garnish with a tablespoon of pomegranate seeds and a cinnamon stick to stir.
*For alcoholic version, add 2 ounces of gin or bourbon before adding tea.