Last week I had a bunch of overripe peaches on my counter (they’re so good right now, I can’t resist buying them ALL at the grocery!) and instead of tossing them, I quickly peeled, sliced and popped them in the freezer. And of course the only thing left to do with them this weekend was make peach, ginger, and mint slushies. With vodka. And then submerge ourselves up to our shoulders in the swimming pool because it’s averaging 101 degrees in Austin right now.
The fresh ginger and mint in these is what really gives them that extra special zing — just be careful, because they go down real easy. Let me know if you give them a try, and don’t wait until the weekend! Cocktails on Monday are always a good idea.
*photos by Laura Alexandra
- 5-6 cups of frozen peaches
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 ounces of vodka
- 1/2-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, chopped
- leaves from 6 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend on medium speed just until slushy (you don’t want to completely purée — it’s better with some of those icy crystals remaining!)
- Pour into two glasses, add straws, drink up!