May is National Burger Month! Up your grilling game this summer with these tasty Hawaiian Smashed Burgers, featuring the flavors of McCormick’s Flavor Forecast: Grilling Edition.
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground chuck
- Grill Mates Hawaiian Woodfire Grill Marinade
- 8 slider buns
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into rings
- garnish: tomato slices, bibb lettuce, thinly sliced red onion
- Season the ground chuck with salt and pepper, divide into 3 ounce slider-sized patties, then brush both sides of the patties with Grill Mates Hawaiian Woodfire Grill Marinade (reserve the rest of the marinade and bring to the grill with you.) Let patties rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium-high, then grill the pineapple rings until grill marks form on both sides. Set aside.
- Lightly toast the slider buns on the surface of the grill.
- On the grill, heat a cast-iron skillet until very hot (around 500 degrees) with the lid closed. Place patties on the surface of the hot skillet, then use a metal spatula to smash the patty firmly into the skillet.
- After a couple of minutes, it’s ready to flip. Use the spatula to scrape up all the crusty bits, then cook on the other side for another 1 – 2 minutes until a nice crust forms.
- While the meat is cooking, spoon a little more of the Grill Mates Hawaiian Woodfire Grill Marinade onto one side of the buns, letting it sink into the bread a little.
- Scoop patties onto your prepared bun, add grilled pineapple, red onions, tomato slices, and lettuce, then top with top of bun. Eat!