From Bonni: “These French 75 popsicles are my favorite summer treat right now! The popsicles are alcohol-free (booze is added to the glass when serving), so it can be served with a sparkling blood orange or strawberry soda for kids or guests not drinking alcohol.”
Read the full story here: Entertaining With Bonni Taylor
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- fresh lemon slices cut in half or quarters
- 1/2 cup simple syrup, 1 cup sugar to 2 cups water ratio
- 1 1/4 cup water
- cognac or brandy
- brut sparkling wine
- In a pitcher or large measuring glass, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, simple syrup, and water. Stir until equally mixed.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds making sure to leave about 1/2 inch at the top of the mold. The mixture will expand when frozen and you don’t want it to overflow in your freezer!
- Drop lemon slices into each popsicle and freeze for at least six hours or until frozen.
- To serve, place each popsicle into a champagne glass with 1/2 jigger of cognac or brandy. Gently pour 2 jiggers of sparkling wine over each popsicle into the glass. Dip popsicle and sip the cocktail to enjoy!
- Tip: Let popsicles sit out of the freezer for 3-4 minutes, then run under warm water to help the popsicles ease out of the molds damage-free.