Happy weekend, lovelies! Back home from Salt Lake City where I spoke at Alt Summit, and it was such an event-packed whirlwind that I really don’t know where to begin. So, let’s start with a little game of “highs & lows,” shall we?
- High. Co-hosting Minted’s Wednesday night bash and getting to meet so many cool new bloggers from around the country. (thanks for letting me be part of such an unforgettable evening, you guys!)
- Low. Getting dressed before my panel, when my hotel room iron scorched a huge hole in the only nice blouse I packed with me. I ended up pulling out a Lululemon tank I’d stuffed in my bag in case I decided to work out, and threw a jacket over it. It all worked out, but for a moment there, it was total panic.
- High. Meeting Christy Turlington at Minted’s booth and being blown away by the story behind her Every Mother Counts nonprofit. Expect to see some upcoming partnerships with them here on the blog… and yes, Christy is every bit as gorgeous in person as you’d imagine.
- Low. That time I was really starving and paid $8 to add grilled chicken to my room service salad and they literally topped it with a 1-inch square of chicken. Not lying.
- High. As with every year at this conference, the biggest high is simply leaving feeling so inspired! I had time to think about new ideas for the coming year and talked to so many smart, creative people who are doing such amazing things.
Hope all of you are having a lovely start to this weekend, and as always, enjoy my favorite links from the week!
She’s a gem! An adorable first birthday party.
This apartment oozes glam.
Austinites: don’t miss this #ILoveArt showcase at my fave fitness studio. Such a cool mashup of art, food, music and wellness.
Here’s how I’ll be starting my Valentine’s Day.
How dreamy is this floral updo?
So excited that this settee is being delivered to our new studio today.
Looking for a great chili recipe for the Super Bowl?
The perfect island cottage.
*and a few fun things you may have missed!
Sarah spilled the details on the pretty things she can’t live without.
My current fave black quinoa chopped salad.
Valentine’s is the perfect excuse to restock the lingerie drawer.
*photo by william abranowicz