Morning, everyone! Claire here with the result of our collaborative brainstorm session from two weeks ago, and I must say that I’m quite smitten with this bright new addition to my outdoor space. I was so inspired by all the projects I found (and will probably attempt all three by the end of the summer!) but decided to make one that’s a bit more suited to my home and yard. With a few simple and easy-to-source materials, I created a colorful collection of succulents and herbs that hangs high above my dog’s busy paws. Sound like the perfect gardening solution for you? Follow the jump for instructions!
- plastic plant containers
- wire hangers
- spray paint
- 2 pieces of rebar 4’L x 1/4″dia.
- 2 ladder hooks
- screw driver
- blue painters tape
- Space ladder hooks apart, just less than the full length of your rebar
- Set rebar in ladder hooks
- Spray paint containers, sectioning off colors with painters tape
- Once dry, fill containers with plants and potting soil
- Measure the height at which you want each pot to hang, and clip the wire hangers accordingly
- Use pliers to bend the two ends of the hanger into small hooks and hook onto the lip of pots. note: if there’s no a lip to hook the hanger onto, you can use a craft knife to cut slits into the pots
- Hang, position and enjoy!
*photos by Claire Zinnecker