Hi everyone! It’s Jess, back with another serving of The Perfect Bite. It seems there’s been a bit of a cookie craze here at CamilleStyles.com and I am loving it! Camille recently shared some tips to baking the perfect cookies, which set my wheels a’turning for today’s post. Much like an Italian pizzelle, this wafer-thin cookie is made with an almond meal, and is a buttery, crispy shell that’s perfect for holding whatever your sweet heart desires. And with all the Italian influence around here lately, these butter-almond cookie baskets are the quickest way to la dolce vida! Follow the jump for the delicious details…
These butter-almond cookie basket are ideal for entertaining (and require only five simple ingredients!) I imagine empty baskets waiting for guests to fill them with sweet treats such as flavorful combinations of ice cream, fresh fruit or even, dare I say, a healthy chocolate pudding! I simply filled my baskets with berries fresh from the farmers’ market, champagne grapes drizzled with honey and lemon, and garnished with lavender.
The cookie baskets can be baked and stored for up to a week in advance, so feel free to make them now in preparation of your weekend get-togethers. Until next time… A presto!
Butter-Almond Cookie Baskets
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons light-color corn syrup
1/3 cup almond flour/meal
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Spray with non-stick cooking spray; Set aside.
- Stir together the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a medium bowl.
- Stir in almond flour and all-purpose flour until combined.
- Roll dough into balls by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet, only 2 or 3 at a time.
- Gently press each ball with the palm of your hand and flatten each to about 3 inches in diameter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until bubbly and deep golden brown.
- Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until set but still pliable.
- Quickly shape into baskets by placing each inside a 6-ounce custard cup or small ramekins. Cool completely in cups.