When it comes to stationery, why does the card inside always get to have all the fun? That’s the question I was left asking with each holiday card that arrived at my doorstep this season. That said, spotting this little envelope-making DIY couldn’t have come at a more perfect time. Leave it to Martha to come up with a super simple way to transform your favorite wallpaper or wrapping paper prints into graphic and eye-catching envelopes. Did somebody just raise stationery standards? We think yes. The instructions are easy, and waiting for you after the jump!
- wallpaper (or heavy wrapping paper)
- premade envelope in desired dimensions
- bone folder
- Unfold any pre made envelope to use as a guide.
- Lay the opened envelope flat on the back of wallpaper.
- Lightly trace its outline with a pencil, then cut it out.
- Use bone folder to mimic the envelope’s creases on the cutout.
- Assemble wallpaper envelope and secure with glue.
*image & instructions via Martha Stewart Weddings