- 24 oz jar la granja beans (huge white butter beans from Navarra, Spain) or two 14 oz cans butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coarse salt
- 16 large prawns (about 450g), peeled and de-veined
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches watercress, cleaned
- 1 lemon, halved
Note: If you don’t have access to a barbecue, heat a cast-iron pan under the grill and then grill the prawns in the smoking hot pan – this will mimic the charred crust you get by barbecuing and give you the crispy, caramelized edges that perfectly balance the soft beans.
- about a pint of halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium field cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and diced to about 1/2-inch
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, basil and feta cheese. Toss to mix.
Whisk olive oil, vinegar, sugar, pepper and salt in small bowl. Taste dressing and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Drizzle dressing over salad, whisking as you go. Toss salad to coat evenly with dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately, or allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes for the cucumbers to soften and the flavors to blend.
*image & recipe from local kitchen