Greetings foodies, and happy Thursday! Jess here, back for today’s Perfect Bite. Earlier this week, Camille featured pears in a cocktail perfect for sipping, so today, I’m showing a little love to the other fall fruit in a snack perfect for munching! Apples are abundant right now, and I’ve been throwing them in salads, roasting alongside fall veggies and of course, baking in desserts. For today’s recipe I figured, why change something that’s already perfect in it’s natural state? I adore store-bought apple chips, and was thrilled to discover they’re a total cinch to make at home; slice and bake for a sweet, crispy snack any time of day! Keep reading for more images and the recipe…
Apples (I used Sweetango but any firm variety will do!)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Wash and slice the apples as thinly as possible. You could use a knife or mandoline slicer.
- Place slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (without overlapping the slices.)
- Bake for about 2 hours or until edges become crisp. Baking time can, of course exceed the approximated time based on the oven and the size of apple slices.
- Once done, transfer to a baking rack to allow it to cool completely. It will become more crisp when cooled.