Last week as I was working away on a party planning piece for HGTV, I sought a little help from the Twittersphere and posed a big question: What makes a great party? Well, all of you savvy hostesses blew me away with your smart responses, so I’m sharing the best tips (take notes!) Thought I’d accompany them with beachy images of my favorite glamour girls having a blast…’cause after all, isn’t that what summer entertaining is all about? By the way, please share what YOU think makes a great party in the comments section so we can add to the list!
- Get organized – the pre-party prep work is worth it if you can have fun at your own party.
- Delicious seasonal cocktails, and plenty of ‘em.
- Visually appealing appetizers. People might arrive starving!
- Lively, upbeat music in the background keeps people relaxed.
- Lighting that casts a flattering glow.
- Great food…and have too much of it!
- Decor that wows!
- A lively mix of guests (who also know when it’s time to go home.)
- Setting things up so that guests can help themselves, leaving you to be the perfect host.
- The hostess behaving as a guest at her own party!
Any more great tips to share?