Start date night off right with a classic look that is the perfect ode to the sweet romance that ensues on Valentine’s Day. Martha Lynn here, and we’ve got you covered for a timeless Valentine’s Day half-up, half-down style. In my opinion, nothing’s more romantic than cascading curls topped off with a pretty bow. The unexpected combination of soft, romantic curls with a grown-up sexy dress will be sure to inspire amore this Friday.
1. Start with some romantic curls throughout the hair to create volume.
2. Tease the crown.
3. Lightly smooth over the top layer of hair being careful not to comb out all of the teasing.
4. Gather a small section of hair in the middle of the head just below the area you teased and secure with bobby pins. This will be your base for your style. Note the “bump” alignment should be located in line with chin to ear and back so it looks the most natural.
5. Gather the sections around the face and tie them together with a small rubber band just above where your bobby pins are located.
6. Using the end of a rat tail comb you can lightly loosen the style to create balance and symmetry.
7. Finish with a ribbon or your favorite accessory.
8. Spray all over with hairspray.