Two weeks ago, I shared a Rolled Chignon tutorial that’s great for medium-length hair… well, today’s ‘do goes out to all my Rapunzel’s out there! I’ve been spotting lots of braids out and about this summer, and with the triple-digit heat in Austin, I had to give the trend a try. Claire’s long hair is perfect for this Heidi-esque braided crown, and I love the way her dimensional color really pops in braids. Scroll down for the step-by-step, and give this look a try next time you need to keep cool in style!
- Split hair into two sections. I like to leave the hair in it’s natural part in front, and then part the hair down the middle in back to ensure the braids are the same thickness.
- Smoothing fly aways as you go, braid the hair and finish with a clear rubber band.
- Grabbing a small piece of hair out of the “tail”.
- Hold the rubber band and carefully slide the hair onto itself to gently tousle the braid and give it more texture.
- Wrap the braid around the head and secure with bobby pins.
- Repeat on the other side, tucking in the ends of the braid under each other. Spray all over.
Share this Post