I know what you’re all thinking: “That’s some fabulous, wavy hair… but mine could never look that good.” Ladies, I kid you not — I sat through this exact curling tutorial with Martha Lynn several months ago, and since then I’ve been curling and twirling with the best of ’em. All I needed was someone to show me how to properly use a curling iron, and after that practice made perfect! Feeling like you’re ready to give it a shot this weekend? We’ve broken it down for you step-by-step after the jump…
- Section hair into a vertical section in front of the ear.
- Spray section with hair spray. Holding the curling iron clamp with your index finger (we prefer a 1.25-inch Hot Tools curling iron), clamp the section mid-shaft.
- Reach your opposite hand over to grab the rubber top of your iron, and immediately curl upward.
- Slightly loosen clamp grip on hair, and inch the curling iron downward. Then burl upward again. Repeat down the length of your hair section.
- Loosen clamp grip and release. Spray.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 going around the head.
- Run fingers through your hair to break up the curls.
- Section hair into small sections around the crown.
- Wrap hair around the barrel of the curling iron (with clamp down). Repeat around the entire crown. Spray hair all over.
Share this Post