We all know the importance of first impressions when it comes to job interviews and dates, but how do our homes measure up? Jennifer here, and if you’re like me then your entryway could probably use a little spruce-up. Whether it’s a super narrow hallway or an oddly undefined area, foyers can be tricky spaces to decorate. I’m in the middle of re-doing mine, and I’ve been a bit overwhelmed with the options. (Do I want a low bench or a thin table? Should I do hooks around the mirror? A table lamp or statement light fixture?) Needless to say, there’s no shortage of inspiration on Pinterest. I’ve gathered ten of my favorites here, and identified a few key elements I’d like to use in my fantastic foyer: great lighting, plenty of space to walk past furnishings, fresh flowers, and a clean surface to set things down. Which of these beautiful entryways is your favorite?
1. Found via Waiting on Martha. Original source unknown.
2. Foyer of the San Giorgio Hotel in Mykonos, Greece.
3. Entryway designed by Windsor Smith.
4. Photo of Kate and Andy Spade’s foyer taken by Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg for Matchbook Magazine.
5. Photo via County Living magazine.
6. Interior design by McGill Design Group.
7. Print and styling by Cozamia.
8. Home of Alexandra and Michael Misczynski photographed by Matthew Hranek for Town & Country.
9. Image via Inspire Bohemia, original source unknown.
10. Interior design by Nancy Warren, photographed by Emily J. Followill for Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles magazine.
Share this Post