Not only does the design of your office space affect the way you feel and function, studies show that your desk affects the way your colleagues see you too! A personalized space says you’re not going anywhere soon, and an organized desk says you’re on top of things… so what does your desk say about you? My work space is neat, but it definitely does not reflect my design sensibilities right now. Why is it that we devote so little time to decorating the room where we spend the majority of our day? Keep reading for tips to bring decor to your desk, and I’d love to hear how you personalize your desk in the comments!
- I prefer to handwrite my to-do list for the day (it feels so satisfying to physically cross things off a list!) and these pencils definitely pack some personality. And if you really want to personalize your space, you could DIY your own!
- If you’re looking for something to do with the pretty jar left behind once you burn a candle, try using them to hold pens your pens, highlighters and paper clips. Personally I’m dreaming of a collection of diptyque candle holders…
- One of my New Year’s resolutions is to drink more water, so I keep a pitcher at my desk and refill throughout the day.
- You may not have a say over your desk or your chair, but bringing a desk lamp from home can make a big difference to a space. This marble task light would be heaven.
- With so much beautiful stationery out there, it would really be a shame to be planning your day on plain lined paper… Enter the Day Designer. “Part calendar, part to-do list, part motivational tool,” I love the idea of designing my day.
…I hope you’ve found a useful tip or a pretty tool here, and let me know how you bring personality to your work space!
*inspiration photograph by Stoffer Photography; The New Black pencils See Jane Work, Acrylic card case Russel and Hazel, The Day Designer Whitney English, Tom Dixon candles dedece, glasses Nom de Guerre x Oliver Peoples, stapler FurbishStudio, desk calendar Sugar Paper, Acrylic pencil holder Russel and Hazel, office chair CB2, marble lamp Project Decor, pitcher Zara Home