It’s been almost two years since the team at CONFETTISYSTEM first wowed us with their dazzling creations, and since then their work has continued to be nothing short of magnificent. Though it’s always inspiring, I have to admit that I’ve been plain chicken to try my hand at crafting anything suggestive of their genius. Fatefully, the lovely Jennifer King from If I Must Say So (remember how awesome she is?) came riding in on a white horse, armed with a tutorial to create the amazing fringe tassels pictured above. If you’re anything like me, the mere thought of having these garlands hanging in your pad is too exciting for words… so let’s get started, shall we? Take it away, Jennifer…
I constantly find myself swooning over the movement and colors found in CONFETTISYSTEM garlands. But you don’t have to hold out for a wedding or party to make a few tassel garlands of your own! I have one hung in my office space, and I love the way it brings the room to life. Keep reading for the simple step-by-step, and make sure you have plenty of tissue paper on hand for a bold look!
- tissue paper sheets
- tacky glue
- cutting mat
- rotary cutter
- rope trim
- Separate like colors of tissue paper, and fold each sheet over one time.
- Lay folded sheets on cutting mat with folded edge on top, and use ruler and rotary cutter to cut 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Stack strips of one sheet of tissue paper. Starting with center of stack, twist strips inward. Keep twisting gently until you have about 4 to 5 inches of twisted tissue in the center.
- Fold twisted center over rope, and twist tissue ends until you have 4 or 5 tight twists.
- Put glue on last twist of tissue paper and allow to dry completely.
- Fluff or separate each individual hanging strip to create a full look for each tassel.
- Use scissors to trim tassels to desired length and create a straight bottom.
- Repeat with different colors and textures. Cut tassels to different lengths, and use a variety of rope trim to achieve a layered look.
*instructions adapted from Green Wedding Shoes
Share this Post