Sometimes it just feels like there’s so much to pull together every time I leave the house: cash, phone, ID, lipstick for me; diapers, wipes, toys, outfit change and snacks for Phoebe…and the list goes on. But the truth is, being prepared goes a long way towards making me feel sane and organized, and I’m determined to make that feeling extend straight into summertime (with its own unique set of sand-and-sun related needs!) I’ve teamed up with The Honest Company for a series of summertime posts, and today we’re kicking it off with a peek inside my summer survival bag:
1. rattan tote. a new beach bag makes packing fun, and the tribal vibe of this tory burch number makes my heart skip a beat.
2. a hundred summers by beatriz williams. i love ya, iPad, but your glare in the sunshine makes physical novels a poolside necessity.
3. squared sunnies. retro and cool, these let me play movie star for the day.
4 . big dots beach towel. you know you need one, so you might as well make it show-stopping.
5. preeti turban headband. i’ll throw it on post-swim with a chic sarong to head straight to dinner.
6. honest bug spray. pure, organic essential oils to naturally keep bugs at bay.
7. honest hand sanitizer gel. i never know what phoebe will get into in the great outdoors, and this sanitizer contains aloe and vitamin e for extra moisturization (meaning, my mani will thank me.)
8. honest sunscreen and healing balm. the sunscreen is safe for both of us – zinc oxide is the only active sunscreen ingredient – and the healing balm is incredibly versatile: diaper rash, irritated skin, cuts & scrapes… you name it, this balm tackles it.
9. leica m8 special edition white. in my book, this camera is the most lust-worthy accessory of summer.
10. bettina flat sandals. as a flat leather sandal connoisseur, these are at the top of my summer shopping list.
So what did I miss? Any other must-haves you guys never leave home without in the summertime?
This post was created in partnership with The Honest Company. Camille Styles readers can enjoy $10 off a minimum purchase of $40 using the code CamilleStylesSummer. Limited to first-time buyers (one per customer) and expires June 18, 2013. Hop on over to sign up for a free trial!
Share this Post