Happy weekend, friends! Thought I’d kick it off with a few of my favorite snaps from last weekend’s whirlwind trip to Miami for South Beach Wine & Food Festival (and don’t miss my favorite links at the bottom of the post!)
Phoebe’s first trip to the beach made for some unforgettable moments. Seeing her playing in (and trying to eat) the sand for the first time, splashing in the waves, pointing out each of the sailboats — as a lifelong beach lover, seeing her experience these “firsts” are memories I’ll always treasure.
Of course, no trip to SOBE is complete without some incredible taste memories, too! These shots are from an epic brunch at Hakkasan, produced by Dolce Wine. They pulled out all the stops: tray after tray of dim sum followed by crazy good noodles and seared duck salad. I don’t know if I’ve ever been so full (and tipsy) after a midday brunch! It’s definitely a weekend that’s all about indulging, and I always get inspired by any opportunity to taste loads of interesting new flavors and learn from some of the best wine experts in the country. I find that those little bits of new knowledge that I pickup actually follow me back home and increase my appreciation and enjoyment of new flavor adventures that I take in my own kitchen.
Big thanks to Electrolux for bringing me along on this fab weekend! A few shots of the gorgeous Lux Kitchen that they setup right on the sand, with a fully-operating range, oven, refrigerator and washer/dryer set… pretty amazing!
Hope you’re all having a lovely start to the weekend, and as always, a few of my favorite links from the past week!
- Amanda Brooks incredibly stylish and full-of-character English countryside home.
- I think this BKR could give the ‘ole BLT a run for its money.
- Anyone else have a long list of books they feel like they “should” read? Here’s a refreshing perspective.
- Interested in hearing what you guys think of these musings on image and the media.
- The prettiest DIY placemats.
- Obsessed with this serene California abode… I could definitely live here.