Jeanine here, with a super simple dessert to accompany your Father’s Day cookout or any summer BBQ. Once you’re finished with burgers & steaks, toss some fresh peaches onto the already-hot grill for a seasonal dessert.There are few things I love more in the summertime than ripe juicy peaches, but trust me… grilling takes them to the next level — the sugars caramelize and they become that much sweeter. I sprinkled them with this no-bake walnut crumble topping, perfect for hot summer nights when the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven. Scoop some vanilla ice cream on top and pass around the spoons.
Grilled Peach Crumble
*serves 4, scale accordingly
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt (unless you’re using salted butter)
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- a few teaspoons flour, if necessary for the crumble
- 4-6 peaches
- ice cream
- Make the crumble by crushing the walnuts together with the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. I did this in a plastic bag using a wooden kitchen mallet, a rolling pin would also work. Add the butter and, using your hands, crumble it into the mix until just combined. If it’s too moist and not crumbly, add a bit of flour. The crumble can be made ahead, store at room temp.
- Slice your peaches and grill for a few minutes on each side.
- Serve the peaches with some of the crumble and a scoop if ice cream.
photos & recipe: Love & Lemons