Although summertime is all about keeping your wardrobe and beauty routine relaxed, it’s also the perfect time to step outside your cosmetic comfort zone and get experimental with makeup. I know, putting on a 100-watt lipstick shade for the first time can be downright terrifying, but we say “go for it!” You just might fall in love with the look of a bold lip and how it can instantly transform an outfit. Martha Lynn is joining us today (with gorgeous photos by Cory) with a tutorial for achieving a sizzling summer look that’s perfect for a night on the town. Click through for the step-by-step!
1. Spritz MAX fix+ liberally all over your face. This acts as the perfect skin calmer and helps set makeup.
2. Brush a layer of neutral shadow across eyelids, then apply a darker neutral into the creases. Avoid bright shadows since your other features will be bolded.
3. With a brow pencil thats a few shades lighter than your hair, fill in eye brows using short, feathered strokes.
4. Rather than drawing one stroke of liquid liner across your entire lid, apply short strokes into the lash line. Then use a fine-tip brush dipped in black shadow to clean up.
5. Use a black pencil to line the waterline (inside) of your eyelid, just on the bottom.
6. Apply bronzer and peachy blush to the areas of your face where the sun would hit. Then line the lips with hot pink liner, starting with the bow and then connecting.
7. Fill in the lips with a bright lipstick. We love the bright coral shade of ‘Morange’ by MAC.
In our toolbox: MAC ‘Morange’ lipstick, MAC ‘Peaches’ blush, MAC bronzing powder, MAC ‘Embrace Me’ lip pencil, MAC ‘Rapid Black’ penultimate liner, MAC ‘Fling’ eye brow pencil, MAC ‘Soba’ eye shadow, MAC fix+ finishing mist
tutorial by Martha Lynn Kale, photos by Cory Ryan
Share this Post