Yesterday we debuted the newest addition to our regular programming: the extra playful and always kid friendly Little Things series, brought to us by Carrie Ryan. Our first installment featured a gorgeous summer day of strawberry picking at Sweet Berry Farm in Austin, and had me instantly craving a dose of anything and everything berry flavored. Fortunately for us, Carrie put the fruit of her labor to good use and is following up her first post with the recipe for this equally beautiful strawberry mint tart. Berries, whipped cream and puff pastry are a no-brainer in my book, and a hint of mint adds just the right amount of herbal freshness to keep this dessert light. Keep reading for the recipe!
Strawberry Mint Tart
- flour for dusting
- 1 8 oz. sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus 1 teaspoon for topping
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 375 F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry into a 10×12 rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using a knife, score a 1 inch border around the pastry without cutting through. Brush the border with egg mixture and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake until golden brown and puffed, 18-22 minutes.
- Rescore the border of the cooked pastry without cutting all the way through. Gently press down on the center of the pastry sheet to flatten. Let cool until room temperature.
- Use electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add cream, mint, and confectioners’ sugar and blend until smooth. Spread evenly on the pastry within the scored border.
- Arrange strawberries in a single layer over the filling and sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of mint.
Share this Post