There’s a firm dividing line in the Camille Styles office between coffee drinkers, and non-coffee drinkers. We caffeine addicts huddle around the Nespresso first thing in the morning and again after lunch, and dodge one another as we dart to grab mugs, spoons, milk and sugar… all for that first, hot sip. As an ode to coffee (and one last nod to cold weather), we thought up this spiked version of a latte — espresso, milk, Bailey’s Irish Cream and a hint of orange. It’s so delicious, I had to fight off the urge to chug the whole thing while photographing it yesterday morning, so I advise bookmarking this one for Friday afternoon! Keep reading for the recipe…
- 1 shot espresso
- cold skim milk
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
- orange extract
- ground coffee and orange zest for garnish
- In a milk frother or steamer (we love this one), combine 1 part milk with 1 part Bailey’s Irish Cream. Froth until combination reaches a foamy consistency.
- While milk combination is frothing, add 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract to espresso shot.
- In a large mug, pour froth over orange-infused espresso shot.
- Garnish with freshly ground coffee beans and twist of orange zest.