Don’t we all need a little more zest in our lives during these grey winter months? As I perused this week’s idyllic Monochromatic Monday, I felt that much-needed burst of brightness through the screen and craved citrus in my own personal palate. The bitter-sweet hints of oranges, limes and the like are simply irresistible, especially when we grow so accustomed to typical cold-weather fixes. The Meyer lemon’s sunshine-y hue, for instance, can balance the main role in a tart or gorgeous, unpretentious garnish in a classic martini. The sweet possibilities for these in-season fruits are endless. I invite you to click through a collection of my favorites…and to share your own!
1. Bruléed Grapefruit from Pastry Affair
2. Raw Meyer Lemon Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Roost
3. Boozy Margarita Lime Cake from Pastry Affair
4. Citrus Dark Chocolate Mascarpone Tart from Sweet Sugar Bean
5. Lemon Bars from Camille Styles
6. Orange Zest + Cranberry Pop Tarts from Dolly and Oatmeal
7. Clementine Cake from Christelle is Flabbergasting
8. Key Lime Pie Pops from Food for My Family
9. Candied Orange Dipped in Chocolate from Sweet Paul
10. Citrus & Cranberry Sorbet from Cannelle et Vanille
Share this Post
So beautiful! Citrus in the winter is reviving.
yes! color is so needed this time of year. the key lime pops look fun, my kids would love them!
I love all of these, and I just posted a blood orange ice cream that would have fit right in!