I love when cocktails can almost be classified as health food, don’t you? Makes it just a little easier to justify seconds… which you’re going to want, after tasting this refreshing Blueberry-Lemon Fizz that I concocted yesterday (that’s brimming with antioxidant-rich berries, of course!) Don’t worry, this preggers girl only had a small sample, but my valiant taste testers confirmed that it’s a winner. I’ve been stocking up on lots of bubbly italian sodas this summer, and one of my best hostess secrets is – just by adding vodka – they become an instant party cocktail (let’s keep that between us, shall we?) I used pink grapefruit for this one, but really any fruity flavor (peach, black cherry, lemon) would work great. Fresh blueberries, a couple lemon slices and fresh mint, stirred up with a shot of vodka to release the flavors, and topped off with the super fizzy soda. So pretty, right? Keep reading for more images and the recipe…
Glasses were my great grandmothers. Get the DIY for making the pretty ombré linen here!
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 4 mint sprigs
- 4 oz vodka
- Italian soda – whatever fruity flavor you like!
- In each of four glasses, divide blueberries, lemon and mint. Add 1 oz vodka to each glass, and stir vigorously to release the flavors. If a couple of blueberries get a bit smashed, that’ll be yummy.
- Fill glasses to the top with Italian soda and serve.
*photos by Camille
Share this Post