A bit of exciting news: we’re launching a new series here on CamilleStyles.com called “Bottom’s Up!” where I’ll share the most fabulous cocktails (and a few mocktails, for me this summer!) that I’ve been mixing up for thirsty party guests. Today kicks it off with one that’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo festivities this weekend. Now, I love a classic margarita as much as the next girl, but I’m in the mood to shake things up a bit with a gorgeous, fruity pitcher of sangria! This is the perfect drink for a crowd since a huge batch can be mixed up before the party starts, and I added a bit of extra zing with ginger and fresh slices of seasonal plums (which I’ve been addicted to this month.) Keep reading for more, and don’t miss our Fiesta Favor Bags & this weeks’ mood board for more Cinco-worthy inspiration!
- 1 bottle rosé wine
- 1 1/2 cups ginger ale
- 1 plum, puréed in blender
- bunch of fresh mint
- 3 plums, sliced (any color works!)
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- crystallized ginger, for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine rosé, puréed plum and a few sprigs of mint. Muddle the mint a bit, then add 2 of the sliced plums, apple and 4 slices lime. Top off with ginger ale.
- Distribute remaining plum and lime slices among 4 glasses. Add ice, if desired. Fill glasses with sangria, then skewer a piece of crystallized ginger onto a wooden pick for garnish. Salud!
Share this Post