Hi everyone! Jess here — today’s treat was inspired by my beloved Pinterest queue, and I’m so pleased with the final product. The recipe couldn’t possibly be simpler, but it yields the most perfect and sweet results. I love the idea of serving these jam straws at an adorable baby shower (hint hint, Camille!), or even offering them to guests as a sweet something that’s easy to snack on while mingling at a brunch. Keep reading for a recipe certainly worth repeating, and I’d love to hear of any must-try recipes that you’ve discovered on Pinterest!
Breakfast Jam Straws
- 1 package puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1/4 cup fruit jam or preserve
- Flour for dusting
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Allow puff pastry to thaw as directed on the package. Dust work surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll out puff pastry until about 2″ larger on each side. Cut crosswise into two rectangles.
- Heat 1/4 cup of jam in microwave for 15-20 seconds, just enough to loosen the consistency.
- With a pastry brush, coat one piece of puff pastry with half the jam. Cover jam-coated piece with the remaining plain piece of puff pastry and gently roll together with rolling pin – not too hard, or your jam will squish out.
- Slice into long strips and twist, then place on parchment lined pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before removing from the pan. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
- Repeat process with second sheet of puff pastry.
*Recipe by SprinkleBakes.
With essaylab.org writing service, you can always take comfort in knowing that when you place your order you will get a plagiarism-free professionally written paper.
Ordering an Essay
Share this Post