Jess here, excited to bring you today’s treat! It’s the crème de la crème, folks, and will have you kissing your oven and going back for seconds…and thirds. It’s a well-documented fact that everyone loves a rich, chocolate-y brownie, but bake them in cookie-form and sandwich together with a caramel buttercream and you just might never recover. Yeah, I’ve fallen madly in love, and lucky for you, I’m willing to share.
Salted Caramel Brownie Pies
*Recipe by Bakers Royale
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
Salted Caramel Creme Filling
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salted
- 1/4 cup caramel
- Place 7oz. of the chocolate and the butter in a saucepan over low heat and gently stir until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat for 15 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add in flour, baking powder, melted chocolate mixture, remaining 5 oz. of chocolate and mix to combine. Set aside to to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoonful of the mixture, onto parchment lined bake sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8–10 minutes or until puffed and cracked. Allow to cool completely on trays.
Caramel creme filling and assembly:
- Place butter in a bowl and beat until creamed. Add in confectioner sugar and salt and beat until light combined. Add in caramel and beat until combined.
- Spread a teaspoon and a half of caramel creme on underside of one brownie cookie and place a second brownie cookie bottom side down on top frosting.
Share this Post