Jess here, with this week’s installment of The Perfect Bite! Care to know what makes me positively-over-the-top-giddy-pants-excited? Almonds. And coconut. And especially almonds and coconut together. This dessert bar even has dark chocolate with fleur de sel. But the very best part? Sweetened condensed milk. Can we all just put our hands together in a slow and dramatic clap for sweetened condensed milk? I’m convinced it’s made in an angel factory, and I dare you to disprove that theory…because if you do, someone won’t be getting dessert. Follow the jump for the heavenly recipe.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour or meal
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded coconut
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cups unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups flaked coconut
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- fleur de sel, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9″ baking pan with foil or parchment and generously coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together almond flour, finely shredded coconut, granulated sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add melted butter and mix until well-incorporated. Pour into bottom of prepared pan and press to make even.
- Layer the top with whole almonds and flaked coconut. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top (yes, the entire can…just do it) and add chocolate chips and fleur de sel on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Once cooled, cut into squares, refrigerate and serve.
Share this Post
OMG these look like heaven. All of my fave ingredients!
xo . trina
Omgsh these look SO yummy!!
I’ll definitely be making these today! <3
I’ve been looking for a dessert almond recipe! This looks amazing Jess!
These look divine!
These. Look. Awesome.
Hello Coconut 🙂
I am making these for a neighborhood dinner party tonight and realized that the measurements for the almost flour and coconut is incomplete. Is it cups for both? Thank you!
Cups! Yes! Sorry about that, Cissy! xo
Thank you. They were a HUGE hit!
So what are the correct measurements? I just made them and they are way too buttery/soft and can’t be cut into squares without making a big mess 🙁
Hi Lynn- These were the measurements I used. It’s definitely soft, but hardens once it’s refrigerated. Hope that helps! 🙂
These look divine. I’m making them tonight and am wondering if the coconut used should be sweetened or unsweetened?
I would stick with sweetened for these!
I used unsweetened and it was great