Jess here, and today’s edition of The Perfect Bite will sneak its way into almost any meal… a fresh batch in the morning makes for delicious breakfast muffins, while a slather of frosting on top leaves you with a rich cupcake that’s perfect for satisfying those afternoon cravings. And since I chose to sub out some ingredients for healthier options, they’re gluten-free and dairy-free! Keep reading for the recipe, and prepare to be amazed at how quickly these cupcakes disappear, regardless of the time of day or dietary preferences!
Vegan, Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend (I like Whole Foods 365 brand mix)
- 1 cup turbinado or unprocessed sugar
- heaping 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- raw whole pecans, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a dozen-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar, and water. Mix together till smooth.
- Pour into lined muffin cups, filling almost all the way full. Place a pecan in the center.
- Bake for 20-26 minutes, or until center is done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
*Adapted from GroupRecipes
Persuasive Essays on School Uniforms – if you have any comments or personal opinion with regards to school uniforms we can help you with that.
Share this Post