It’s one of the most common requests I get in the salon: “How to do I put my hair in a ponytail without it looking sloppy?” Martha Lynn here and I have great news for you — this is super easy and once you learn these quick tricks your ponytail will never feel boring again! As a busy mom of a toddler, I wear this style at least once a week and I love it because it allows me to get one more day out of a blow out. The key here is to not overthink it and don’t brush out all of the curls and teasing when you are creating body in the beginning. Loose is better and it’s easy enough for everyday but polished enough for a special occasion! I hope you love this technique and can use it as much as I do:
- Wrap hair around a large barrel curling iron to create some body before you start creating the ponytail.
- Lightly tease hair at the crown.
- Gather hair and pushed forward slightly and secure with a few bobby pins to preserve the volume at the crown.
- Carefully gather hair at the nape of the neck and put it into a ponytail.
- Wrap a piece of hair around the rubber band to conceal it or finish with a ribbon or hair accessory!