These days, it feels like I see women flaunting gorgeous, beachy waves everywhere I turn… the natural bounce and slightly straight ends make it look like they’ve spent the day walking the beaches of somewhere fabulous. Martha Lynn here, and I’m already dreaming of warm weather and sand between my toes, and nothing gives me that vacay-feeling quite like having vacation hair. This look is hands down the most requested style from my clients and they’re all dying to know how to recreate it at home — the good news is that it’s super easy to do on yourself! Though it may be a little early for sundresses and flip flops, this technique is simple and versatile enough to don every day…
- Create a vertical section of hair and curl (referring to this curling tutorial). When pulling the curling iron down, leave the end of the section out.
- Repeat, working your way around your head. With each section, curl the hair in opposite directions, alternating between sections curled toward your face and sections curled toward the back of your head.
- Run fingers through your hair to separate curls.
- Curl small sections around the crown in alternating directions.
- Separate curls and spray all over.