For some of you, there’s no question that the holidays have arrived (and you’ve got the sloshy snow boots to prove it!) But since a winter wonderland is pretty hard to come by in Texas, Camille and I have been itching to make our very own teeny tiny version of one. So, we set out to create a glitter globe (way more glam than a snow globe) and share the process with you. This year, we’re super excited to be putting the sparkle in everyone’s holidays with these memorable & easy-to-make stocking stuffers. Follow the jump for the full step-by-step and let us know your thoughts!
- small glass jar
- animal figurine
- fir tree figurine
- gold glitter
- silver glitter
- spray adhesive
- Gorilla Super Glue
- Mod Podge
- glycerin (available at your local pharmacy)
- Using multi-purpose spray adhesive, cover your small woodland animal in glitter. In a small bowl, combine 1 part Mod Podge with 1 part water, and dip your glittered animal in the mixture to seal.
- Squeeze a drop of Gorilla Super Glue onto bottom of tree, and press firmly for 30 seconds onto bottom of small glass jar.
- Once animal has completely dried, squeeze drop of Gorilla Super Glue onto bottom, and press firmly for 30 seconds onto bottom of glass jar.
- Once Gorilla Super Glue has dried, fill jar almost to the top with water. Add a few drops of glycerin and a teaspoon of glitter. Squeeze a ring of Gorilla Super Glue to mouth of jar and screw on tightly.
Share this Post