If you caught this mornings installment in our 12 Tastes of Christmas series, you might be thinking that the only thing that could make Camille’s sweet + salty snack mix any better, would be if we could send guests home with their own helping. Well, we agree… and so we thought these simple paper cones would be the perfect vessel for packing up the treat. Secure with some satin ribbon and jingle bells, and you’ve got a favor worthy of any holiday soiree. Keep reading for the step-by-step instructions…
- heavy metallic paper
- 1/4-inch wide satin ribbon
- jingle bells
- double-sided tape
- white gel pen
adapted from Martha Stewart
- Cut sheets of metallic paper into 6″ x 6″ squares.
- Turn sheet to form a diamond. Fold right corner across center of paper, then fold left corner across center of paper, forming a cone. Secure with double-sided tape.
- Cut ribbon into 9″ long segments, and tie a jingle bell to both ends. Trim excess ribbon hanging past the jingle bell.
- Cut small tags out of metallic paper, and hand write message using a white gel pen. Place a piece of double-sided tape on back of each tag.
- Fill cone with an assortment of spiced & caramelized nuts.
- Fold tip of cone over opening and position looped ribbon over the closure. Press tag over the ribbon and paper tip to secure closed.
*images: Hayden Spears for CamilleStyles.com
Share this Post