It’s a good thing the Superbowl is a week before Valentine’s Day, isn’t it? It really gives the boys one last chance to flaunt their machismo before things go all pink & flowery ten days later. Of course, we can’t possibly let the biggest game day of the year pass without somehow incorporating our pretty (yet still thematic) touches here and there. So for those of you hosting a game-watching party this weekend, we’ve created these sweet little football pinwheels that are perfect for dressing up cupcakes or sliders. Keep reading for the template and step-by-step instructions, and who knows… these might be just the good luck charm that your team needs!
- Print football pinwheel template and cut out squares.
- Trace squares onto green cardstock paper, and cut out. Use a thin layer of glue to mount football squares to green cardstock squares.
- Once dry, fold square in half diagonally and crease. Unfold, and repeat diagonal fold on opposite corners, creating an X.
- Cut half-way down creased lines, as pictured, until scissors meet edge of football.
- Cut out smaller white space in between diagonal line and football, as pictured above.
- Carefully punch holes in the corner of each point, and in the center of the X.
- Referring to the diagram above, fold in one petal at a time, bringing corner holes to meet center hole. Insert brad in hole and fasten.
- Glue pin wheel to top of bamboo skewer, and slide into cupcakes or sliders just in time for the game!
Share this Post