This week I’m putting together some fun little ideas for St. Patrick’s Day. I’ve always considered it a bit of a cheesy holiday (that’s what makes it fun!) but that doesn’t mean we can’t infuse some tiny doses of chic into our celebrations, right? Exhibit A: these cucumber-mint gimlets served with four-leaf clover swizzle sticks. Follow the jump for recipe and DIY details.
- 2 large cucumbers (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup gin
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 4 lime slices
Slice four 1/4-inch-thick slices from 1 cucumber. Peel and coarsely chop remaining cucumbers; transfer to processor, add mint leaves and purée until smooth. Pour through fine strainer set over large bowl, pressing on solids in strainer. Discard solids in strainer.
Mix 1 cup cucumber-mint juice, gin, lime juice, and sugar in pitcher; stir until sugar dissolves. Add ice; mix well. Immediately strain mixture into 4 small Martini glasses. Garnish with lime and cucumber slices and serve.
How to: Four-Leaf Clover Swizzle Sticks
You’ll need: light green card stock, dark green cardstock, 1″ circle craft punch, four-leaf clover craft punch, glue, bamboo skewers
- Cut circles out of card stock with a 1-inch circle craft punch.
- Using a four-leaf clover craft punch, randomly punch clovers out of the light green stock.
- Pairing light green and dark green circles, glue together onto a skewer.