Are we ready to rumble yet? Jess here, and since we’re closing in on the big kickoff, I figured it was high time that we tackle a simple and healthy appetizer for your Super Bowl festivities with this edition of The Perfect Bite.
When game time rolls around I make sure there is snack food galore. Of course, it’s always great to offer guests some healthy options, and this guacamole has always been a favorite of mine. While it may look like traditional guac, it’s actually kicked up a notch in the health-department with the addition of zucchini. Serve on round tortilla chips as a tostada, or (if you’re still abiding by your New Year’s resolutions), use whole grain chips or bell pepper strips to dip! Keep reading for the recipe.
Healthy Guacamole Tostadas
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 2 small zucchini, rinsed and peeled
- 3 limes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 round tortilla chips
- cilantro, for garnish
- Prepare zucchini by removing both ends and roughly chop. Add to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Halve the avocado and remove pit. Simply place the avocado in a bowl and mash it gently with a fork. Mix in the zucchini and remaining ingredients.
- Just before serving, scoop a generous tablespoon of guacamole onto each chip, and top with a cilantro leaf. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Share this Post