Is there anything better than a beautifully-styled dessert buffet for an afternoon pick-me-up? Dana from The Sunday Sweet put together this totally magical display, and her mouth-watering sweets combined with natural vintage styling have us wanting to jump right in. I’ll let Dana describe her inspiration, and be sure to follow the jump for more beautiful details and her world-famous banana pudding recipe!
The handmade burlap table runner has textural ribbons sewn across it to add depth and color. Ribbons & Rust offered their gorgeous vintage table, ladder, trunk, suitcases and books, which were absolutely perfect for the backyard, rustic look I was going for. The beautiful flower arrangements in old glass bottles and mason jars are the work of Green Leaf Designs, who did an incredible job interpreting my color palette and inspiration. The custom designed name tags and burlap ‘Sunday Sweet’ garland by Dear Lola completed the look to perfection, and it was all captured by the brilliant Britt Rene Photography.
yields 12 servings
prep time: 30 minutes
total time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 5 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 of 12 oz package vanilla wafer
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of whipped topping.
- Line bottom of 9 x 13-inch dish with vanilla wafers. Arrage slices bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.