Hi everyone, Claire here with my latest transformation, and this project just might be my favorite to date. Two weeks ago I asked for your opinion on which gallery wall of frames you liked best, and you all responded with such wonderful ideas that I couldn’t wait to get started. As I began collecting my frames, I kept your suggestions in mind, and soon realized that my home called for a gallery wall that’s slightly more eclectic than the ones I originally posted. So after putting my own personal twist on it, my unadorned wall was transformed into a story of my life, travels, art, and my design aesthetic… making it the perfect entry wall to greet visitors. Keep reading to for an instructional step-by-step!
- thrifted old frames
- spray paint
- command sticky tabs
- double sided photo tape
- personal memorabilia (photo’s, postcards, artwork, etc.)
- Center a large frame as your starting point.
- Working outward around your central frame, starting placing frames. Then level, mark with a pencil and nail into place.
- Once positioned, choose a few scattered frames to remove and spray in the colors of your choice, keeping frame proximity in mind. I chose gold, purple and orange for added color.
- Re-hang freshly painted frames, and place art, pictures and personal momentos in the frames of your choosing using double sided photo tape.
- Straighten frames, and voila! Your blank wall is now a gallery wall for everyone to enjoy.
Share this Post