Morning, everyone! Claire here, with a great little project to add interest and storage to any space. Remember two weeks ago when I asked for your opinion on which side table you liked the best? You all had so many wonderful suggestions, but in the end, the votes leaned in favor of design #1. I’m so excited to share the final product today, with a few personal touches added in! Want to make your own? We’ve got the instructions after the jump.
- plastic box/container (I wanted storage in my side table, so I used an Itso Cube from Target as the form)
- branches (cotton wood gives the blonde wood effect)
- spray paint
- cork sheets
- chop saw
- hot glue gun
- table legs (vintage ones are inexpensive and easy to find on Etsy)
- First things first, find your branches! I went scavenging and found a cotton wood that had fallen in a neighbor’s yard.
- Spray paint the Itso Cube a color of your choice.
- Drill in the table legs to the bottom of your box.
- Hot glue cork to the sides and top of the box to make an even surface (I spray painted my cork gold for added interest).
- Use the chop saw to cut the branches into 3/4″ thick pieces.
- Lay out the varied cut pieces into the pattern of your choice.
- Hot glue all the pieces onto the cork on the two sides.
- Set down, fill up, and enjoy!
Share this Post