Last night, A & I were both having some serious pizza cravings…so we decided to grill pizzas, which of course calls for a luscious, seasonal salad! (kind of like, if you give a mouse a cookie, you know?) Anyway, I’d been dying to try the grilled apricot salad in this month’s Food & Wine, and let me tell you, m’dears: run, don’t walk, to stock up on apricots for this salad before stone fruit season is over! Although next time, I might try grilling peaches for a slightly milder and sweeter flavor. Oh, and be sure to buy the freshest mozzarella you can find – it makes a huge difference! What are some of your favorite ways to eat peaches & apricots? I have so many in my pantry, I need ideas for using them up! Follow the jump for more pics and the recipe…
Grilled Apricot Salad with Mozzarella + Prosciutto
- 4 ripe apricots, halved and pitted (or 2 peaches)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the apricots with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, cut sides down, just until lightly charred, 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss in the apricots and arugula. Transfer to a platter and top with the mozzarella and prosciutto. Drizzle with vinegar & serve.
Share this Post