- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup (100 g) white sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon cacao powder
- a drop of vinegar
- 0.7 oz (20 g) dark chocolate (at least 70%), finely chopped
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cream
- 1½ cup (200 g) fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Whisk the egg whites with some salt in a very clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and mix well. The meringue mixture should be glossy and firm.
- Quickly mix in the cacao powder, vinegar and dark chocolate with a spatula until everything is combined.
- Form six mini pavlovas on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Put them into the preheated oven and immediately turn the oven temperature down to 300F (150C). Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let the pavlovas cool down in the turned-off oven.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until it’s thick and luscious. I find this easier when I add a tablespoon of powdered sugar.
Note: Prepare the pavlovas at least two hours in advance. They should be completely cool before topping. You can easily make the bases up to two days ahead. Perfect for busy days!