- 4 roma tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 6 baby zucchini, cut in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- arugula, to garnish
- Prepare the Tomatoes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the sugar. On a baking sheet, place the tomatoes skin side down. Put a sprig of thyme on each tomato and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Discard the thyme. Place the tomatoes in a food processor, blend the tomatoes until smooth, reserve.
- Marinate the Zucchini. Preheat an outdoor grill. In a bowl, mix together the olive oil and vinegar, salt & pepper to taste. The vinaigrette will be broken, don't worry. Using half the vinaigrette, marinate the zucchini for 10 minutes. Grill the zucchini, seed side down, until tender. If grill is unavailable, use a cast iron pan on the stove and sear the zucchini until tender.
- Ready to serve. Arrange the zucchini on a platter. Drizzle the tomato sauce over the zucchini and around the platter for presentation. Toss the arugula with the remaining vinaigrette and garnish the platter.