- 2 cups milk (sub almond milk if you want, but if you can tolerate dairy, now is the time to go with 2% or whole!)
- 2 ounces high-quality dark or bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or peppermint extract (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, stir together 1 cup milk, chocolate, cocoa powder, and sugar until barely simmering.
- When everything is dissolved, add remaining 1 cup milk and extract (if using), then pour into 2 mugs, top with marshmallows and sip in front of the Christmas tree!