- 1 onion, diced small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 2 28 oz. cans whole tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls greens (spinach, mustard, collard, etc)
- 4 farm eggs
- grated parmesan cheese
- grilled sourdough, foccacia or ciabatta
- In a skillet with high sides, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Drain and crush tomatoes with your hands or pass through a food mill and add to skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Cut greens into ribbons and rinse in colander. Shake some of the water off, and add to tomato sauce. Cover partially and cook until greens are tender.
- Remove lid, and make 4 wells in the sauce. Carefully crack one egg into each well, sprinkle with salt, cover, and cook until eggs are just set.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve with grilled bread.