- 2 bunches of Toscano Kale, washed and stems removed
- 4 large honey crisp apples 1 pomegranate, de-seeded
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon berber spice
- For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 knuckle of ginger
- Dash of Himalayan Salt
- Dash of Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh local honey
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Begin by peeling and chunking the sweet potato and placing in a bowl. Toss the sweet potato with the melted coconut oil, berber, and cinnamon until evenly coated. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, or until soft and golden brown on the outside. (This is something you can prep beforehand or earlier in the day.)
- To prep the salad, take kale and make sure leaves are torn to a size that is easy to eat in a salad. Layer in the cooled sweet potato, pomegranate seeds, chunked apples, and pumpkin seeds.
- Make the dressing by placing all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Once the dressing is fully blended, pour over the salad evenly and then toss.
- Serve right away in order to have the freshest flavors for your guests.